Prayer Concern: Fallen power line electrocutes 11 year old swimmer at Brookside Swim Club

An 11-year-old girl was electrocuted and died after an incident at Brookside Swim Club at  210 Queens Road in Lexington on Tuesday evening.  Lauren Cecil was attending swim practice around 8 p.m. when an electric line adjacent to the area snapped and sent a high voltage current into the water of the pool. Eyewitnesses said attempts to rescue her were hampered because the electricity continued to shock lifeguards who were trying to pull her from the water. Lifeguards, according to reports, used a kick-board to keep her head above water until they could safely pull her out. They immediately began performing CPR. They continued life-saving procedures until the Davidson County Emergency Medical Services arrived. Paramedics continued CPR while transporting the victim to Wake Forest Baptist Health — Lexington Medical Center. She was pronounced dead on arrival. Read more…

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20130716/NEWS/130719980/1074?p=1&tc=pg

 

Verne Hill
Latest posts by Verne Hill (see all)


I enjoy many things: Music. Family movie nights. My American flag flapping in the wind. Sunsets at the beach. Snow days. The Sweet Tea Party. Salvation through Grace… VERSE: “Let everything that has breath praise the LORD” Psalm 150 QUOTE: “A person who loves his job, will never work a day in his life.” MON-SAT 6A-10A (& Sunday@5 host) verne@wbfj.fm